Come work in Brainerd, MN where there are over 400 lakes within 40 miles of your office door. An amazing family-owned hospitality company is looking for a controller to lead their team at the Brainerd, MN location. If you love to be busy, work with people and want to make a difference on an executive team then this is the job for you.
Position is in Brainerd, MN. No remote work option is available.
- Preparation of annual budget
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the annual tax return
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers
- Review and record journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Preparation of the year to date cash flow
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Oversee the preparation of two payroll schedules which take place monthly and every other week
- Responsible for ensuring payroll accuracies and conducting payroll audits with the Payroll Manager
- Supervise the billing of asset management, incentive fees, acquisition, disposition, QPAM and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements
- Supervise the accumulation of payments to vendors through the accounts payable process
- Coordinate and record investments made in Funds, securities, overnight funds, etc.
- Assist the Chief Marketing Officer and Human Resources in maintaining records for retirement accounts (i.e., 401-K Plan)
- Negotiate and manage all risk related insurance policies
- Supervision of all accounts payables processed
- Review of expenses incurred on behalf of the resort
- Oversee the Finance Department in the implementation of corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and calculation of fees
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Assists management team with inventory management processes and reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws
- Supervise a team of 2
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Assist Managing Director with operational finance strategy
- Development of week reports, to include: PACE Report, Revenue Report (to include weekly Rev/Labor analysis)
- Manage the group billing process
- Assist the Front Desk department with billing, to include resolving any issues that may develop
- Present to the Board of the Directors company financials, to include answering questions that may arise
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting.
- CPA required
- 8-10 years experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 4+ years experience managing accountants and the accounting and finance process.
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities
- Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
- Basic contract knowledge
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Confidential, understands the ethical standards of a CPA
- Ability to handle payroll including the mental conflicts that are associated with this responsibility
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for specific performance
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to learn accounting/finance software quickly or knowledgeable of VisualOne.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
- Good command of the English language and be able to proofread work
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Detailed, organized and communicative
- Understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Able to prioritize and work with multiple supervisors including the CEO, CMSO and Board of Directors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org