|220, Minnesota State Administrators/State Managerial Plan|
The VP of Human Resources & Culture provides vision, leadership, and strategic direction for the human resources activities of the college, overseeing the recruitment, training, development, and engagement of talent for all divisions of the institution. Lead the college’s efforts to promote a relationship-based culture that respects and honors the talents of the employees of CLC. Responsibilities include the administration of personnel and labor relations policy for approximately 250 classified and unclassified administrators, managers, faculty, professional, clerical, and maintenance employees; adherence to collective bargaining agreements; recruitment, and onboarding processes for all positions; employee engagement and performance management; leadership and staff training and development; classification, compensation, and benefits administration; HRIS systems administration; implementation of the Human Resource components of the NextGen system replacement; and supervision of the Human Resources office. Principles of diversity, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity will be applied to all college human resources practices. This position involves significant discretion and substantial involvement in the development, interpretation, and implementation of college policy. This position provides confidential advice to the president and administrative team. This position also serves as the Affirmative Action Officer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration, or related field.
• Five or more years of successful and progressively responsible professional experience in human resource management.
• Demonstrated high level of skills in leadership, management, supervisory, organizational, and human relations.
• Demonstrated competence in interpreting and complying with federal and state legislation, and state, system, and college policies.
• Demonstrated genuine commitment to inclusiveness and shared governance in leadership and decision making.
• Knowledge of principles of continuous improvement and quality management.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with persons of diverse backgrounds and commitment to affirmative action in staffing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and address issues and concerns in a diplomatic, sensitive, and confidential manner.
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
• High degree of computer literacy, including proficiency and demonstrated ability to use technology to develop business process efficiencies.
• Advanced degree.
• Experience in public sector and/or higher education human resource management.
• Solid employee relations/labor relations experience, including negotiating and managing collective bargaining agreements and maintaining sound business relationships with union representatives.
• Demonstrated ability to foster participation of others and to work effectively and collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and other constituents of the college.
• Experience in strategic planning, project management, and change management.
• SPHR or equivalent professional HR certification.
Central Lakes College invites applications and nominations for the Director of Human Resources. The college serves more than 3000 students annually and offers liberal arts transfer education along with more than 60 career programs. The well-equipped, modern campuses in Brainerd and Staples attract quality faculty, staff and students. The College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
About the Area: Central Lakes College is located in the heart of Minnesota’s “land of 10,000 lakes.” The lakes area is rich with crystal-clear lakes and bountiful pine forests and is considered by many to be the premier recreational area of the Midwest. The area is known for its world-class resorts/conference centers, golf courses, fishing, snowmobiling, bike trails, and is just 2 hours north of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org