This position supports manufacturing by monitoring injection molding machine performance, mold performance and maintenance, reducing scrap and assuring product quality. Also assists with performing injection molding setup, start up, tear down and supports production runs and other plant maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical expertise for the daily requirements of the molding operation.
· Perform and or verify the correct set-up of molds and equipment before machine start up.
· Establish and validate proper molding conditions and set for optimal performance.
Assist production with changeovers on equipment.
· Responsible for material drying. Assist with the set-up, adjustment and maintenance of auxiliary equipment. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
· Assist with process documentation development and maintenance.
· Responsible for periodic monitoring and recording of product to meet acceptable quality levels.
· Able to identify cosmetic, dimensional and other defects and make proper adjustments.
· Troubleshoot production issues with limited supervision.
· Assist with mold, equipment, and other plant maintenance.
· Be a team player. Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation with the technical team and management to achieve departmental goals.
· Identify and develop improvements for the molding process.
· Identify and develop improvements for mold performance.
· Develop and improve setup and tear down processes supporting production quality.
· Support the documentation development and record keeping for molds and mold performance.
· Work on continuous improvement projects supporting Lean Manufacturing.
· Other duties as required.
Education/ Experience and Requirements:
· Technical degree or vocational school training is preferred.
· Five plus years working in an injection molding environment is preferred.
· Experience with Windows PC based applications is required.
· High level of organization, self-motivation, and ownership of assigned duties.
· Must be detailed oriented.
· Experience with Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
· Able to work both individually and as a team member
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com