Reports to: Northland Arb. Board of Directors
Status: Full time Exempt
Position Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives by managing daily administration and all team members. Operational responsibilities include supervision of staff and volunteers, management of all Arboretum programs and services, and creating a culture of transparency, growth, and community. The Executive Director position is involved in strategic planning, budgeting, fundraising, problem-solving, relationship-building, and effectively communicating with all organization stakeholders. This position will be held accountable to the guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by the Board of Directors.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, finance, or a field closely related to job duties outlined below.
- 3-5 years of experience in the non-profit sector.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Proven fundraising experience.
- Proven experience leading organizational and community initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent planning, development, and implementation skills.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- Familiarity with nonprofit budgeting and accounting practices.
- Experience coordinating large events.
- Experience presenting to large audiences.
- Donor management experience.
- Strong management and supervisory skills and experience.
- Legacy fund development experience.
- Grant research and writing experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the administration, development, and cultivation of an active and engaged Board of Directors and advisory committees.
- Provides direction and leadership toward the achievement of the Northland Arboretum mission, vision, and values through the implementation of the strategic plan.
- Promotes the sustainability and growth of the Northland Arboretum through donor engagement and fund development including grant writing, fundraising events, and other revenue streams.
- Creates and recommends annual budget for Board approval.
- Manages organization’s financial resources within budget and applicable nonprofit laws and regulations.
- Effectively engages diverse volunteers, community partners and government officials to meet goals and objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
- Recruits, hires, develops and manages the performance of Arboretum staff.
- Recruits and maintains a large volunteer base.
- Promotes the Northland Arboretum through quality marketing, and impactful delivery of programs, products, and services.
- Seeks member and community input on programs and initiatives to build relationships and be efficient with organization resources.
- Ensures the organization remains in positive standing with Arboretum members, volunteers, community partners and stakeholders.
- Stays informed of advisory committee initiatives and projects and ensures they are following the strategic plan and operational procedures.
- Manages agreements and contracts with other parties and ensures they are negotiated and implemented in a manner that is consistent to the mission and vision of the Arboretum.
- Is a voting member of the Executive Committee.
- Attends all Board of Directors meetings, providing input when needed.
- Performs such other duties and initiatives as assigned by the Northland Arboretum Board of Directors.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com