Come work in the beautiful Brainerd Lakes Area with one of the fastest growing manufacturing companies in the region.
No remote work is available MUST work in the Brainerd, MN office.
MUST have experience in manufacturing cost accounting.
Cost Analyst performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient processing of inventory and other accounting transactions for all company needs.
Functions as a business support person to the plant and management team. Individual is responsible for cost accounting, bill of material maintenance, and cost analysis. Additionally, this role supports the month-end close and special projects, as requested. Works closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as inform management on cost drivers and variances.
- Interact with production personnel to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date. Review and audit BOM’s to ensure they reflect the latest manufacturing practices.
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against standards. Research and explain variances. Report this information as needed.
- Analyze and review Gross Margins by product line / business.
- Support the development of new labor and overhead rates.
- Perform ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations.
- Process inventory transactions (PIT) to record in ERP software system ensuring proper G/L coding.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, collect supporting documentation and gain approvals.
- Post and verify data in ERP system.
- Conducts research on discrepancies and makes appropriate corrections or adjustments.
- Prepare account reconciliations and analysis including purchase price variances, as required.
- Supply inventory valuation reports for lender, as required.
- Assist with other month end and year end closing activities, as needed.
- Support efforts for implementing and maintaining internal controls for operations and finance.
- Monitor unvouchered PO receipts and coordinate with Accounts Payable / Payroll Specialist to resolve outstanding issues.
- Support various audits, as needed.
- Perform filing and copying, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven inventory and cost accounting knowledge including standard costing and variance analysis
- Skilled in use of personal computer and various software – esp. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word) and ERP systems; high level of proficiency with MS Excel.
- Proficient in data entry, organization and management
- Problem Solving – gathers and analyzes information skillfully and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service – ability to support a cross-functional plant management team
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently
- Quality Control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality
- Dependability – consistently at work and on time, follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Safety & Security – observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment properly
- Confidentiality – ensures company and employee information is held in strict confidence
- Additional skills as deemed necessary
- Integrity – Demonstrate Honesty, Do the Right Thing, Act Ethically
- Respect – Golden Rule, Protect our Equipment, Products and Information, Keep Facility Clean & Organized
- Teamwork – Collaborate Towards Success, Support and Trust Each Other, Shared Communication
- Customer Focused – Listen and Support our Customer’s Needs, Going Above and Beyond to Satisfy our Customers, Provide Best Value Solutions
- Growth Minded – More Revenue, More Profit, More Opportunities, Continuous Improvement while Accepting Change, Aspiring to be the Best We Can
Education, Experience and Skills:
A.A.S. degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
3-5 years of Inventory Accounting experience in a manufacturing setting.
Experience with ERP software systems
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Proven ability to multi-task
Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
Sedentary to light physical activities requiring stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, talking, hearing, and close vision. The employee must occasionally lift up to 35 pounds. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating and interpersonal skills/behaviors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org