Position is located in Duluth, MN. No remote work option is available.
The Duluth Chapter of NECA is looking for a Chapter Manager to join their team. If you have a strong work ethic and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, then this is the job for you.
Manage two (2) employees: Administrative Assistant and Chapter Programs Coordinator. This includes scheduling, coordination of projects and work activities, and weekly payroll.
Oversee day-to-day operations of the Chapter including answering member emails, phone call, and texts.
Coordinate and arrange annual Chapter events, including a golf outing, Lake Superior fishing trip, sporting clays event, and the Recognition Dinner. Includes working with Chapter Programs Coordinator to schedule events, reserve facilities, promote events to membership, and purchase promotional products.
Coordinate member contractor participation in National Events, including NECA Now, Midwest Regional Conference, and the National Convention. This includes coordinating activities at the events (dinners, transportation, group events), registration to the events, and member reimbursement for attendance and travel. Research new events that could positively affect member contractors (example, MEP Conference).
Responsible for scheduling all member educational offering throughout the year. Generally, there are two of these each year. Includes reserving the location, coordinating the instructor & class with NECA National, and all follow communications with attendees.
Participate in and organize monthly Board of Directors meetings and Quarterly Membership Meetings. Duties include preparing minutes, financials, correspondence, guests, and other items/activities, as needed. Record the minutes of all meetings of the Chapter and of the Board of Directors.
Responsible for creating an annual budget for the Chapter, in coordination with the Budget Committee.
Responsible for negotiations and administration of three Collective Bargaining Agreements with two local unions of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. These duties include research, preparation & education of negotiating team, coordination of negotiations sessions, preparation of new printed contracts, and submitting documentation for arbitration (Council on Industrial Relations).
Responsible for overseeing Labor Relations with two local unions of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Activities including dealing with grievances, participate in various labor management committees, oversee a two-year marketing program with IBEW Local 242, and keeping open communications with the Locals.
Participate in Chapter Manager specific educational programs including annual Chapter Executives Conference (AEI), Midwest Managers Meeting, Labor Management Training, and other opportunities as the arise.
Oversee Chapter Safety Program in coordination with vendor, OECS Safety.
Recruit signatory contractors to become Chapter members.
Recruit Associate Members to become Chapter members.
Oversee the general operations of the apprenticeship program including:
– Work with the Chapter Programs Coordinator to manage and maintain all apprenticeship data using Trade School Software.
– Assist with the delivery of outside instructional classes.
– Coordinate and assist with the apprentice application, interview, and selection process.
– Attend all regular and special meetings of the JATC’s and Training Trusts.
– Act as Recording Secretary for each program, including recording or minutes, preparation of meeting materials, and financials.
– Organize and execute programs at the direction of the JATC’s.
– Review all correspondence coming into the JATC and take the appropriate actions.
– Support and assist the JATC instructors in the delivery of instructional training to apprentices and journeymen, including establishment of curriculum committees.
– Negotiate contracts with Hibbing Community College and Lake Superior College for use of facilities.
– Continually evaluate the program and report any ideas for possible change or improvement to the JATC Members
– Maintain and track the compliance of all written JATC policies and procedures.
– Assure that all the necessary policies are up to date and being properly implemented.
– Oversee the adoption of JATC Standards
– Attend National Training Institute or other trainings, as needed.
– Coordinate with other JATC’s within the State of MN to share resources and knowledge.
– Monitor and maintain the necessary insurance coverage for the JATC, instructors and students
– Perform the duty of assigning apprentices and facilitating transfers as directed by the JATC
– Attend job fairs and participate in student outreach programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org