Position is located in Brainerd, MN. No remote work is available. Must have prior accounting experience in a manufacturing style environment.
The Accounting Manager/Controller is primarily responsible for the preparation of accurate, complete and timely financial information in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Establish and implement efficient company policies and procedures.
· Accounting Department
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage the overall direction, coordination, and performance of department personnel. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Directly responsible for managing the monthly financial close including preparation of journal entries and month-end activities in the general ledger in order to perform the month end closing process timely and accurately.
· Prepare and present the monthly financial performance review to management.
· Lead the annual Budget preparation process and present final plan
· Management responsibility to prepare bank reporting utilizing appropriate software.
· Provide periodic KPI data as defined by management
· Prepares reports on a periodic basis, including forecasts, operation expense reports for corporate departments and others as requested.
· Provide financial information to, and answer inquiries from, all managers.
· Maintain a rolling 13-week cash forecast and assist with treasury or banking support.
· Maintain proper accounting and internal control procedures and policies.
· Maintain chart of accounts, ERP master data and transactions to facilitate timely and accurate financial information.
· Manage and delegate the preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations.
· Manage and delegate the daily tasks of direct reports in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and General Accounting.
· Manage external accounting firm in completing year-end financial reporting.
· Manage and/or delegate capital project, CAPEX, spending management and reporting.
· Gather and prepare year end information for tax reporting.
· Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
· Participate in key decisions as a member of the management team.
· Special projects as necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Exceptional knowledge of accounting, budgeting, cash forecasting and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles
· Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
· Sound judgment and good interpersonal skills
· Strong knowledge of ERP systems; ability to navigate through various types of computer software
· Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills; strong knowledge of other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate with varied levels of employees
· Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Highly adaptable; possesses a strong ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to multi-task; strong project management skills
· Ability to establish and contribute to a high degree of teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups
· Ability to identify and implement changes in a fast-paced environment
· Integrity – Demonstrate Honesty, Do the Right Thing, Act Ethically
· Respect – Golden Rule, protect our Equipment, Products and Information, Keep Facility Clean & Organized
· Teamwork – Collaborate Towards Success, Support and Trust Each Other, Shared Communication
· Customer Focused – Listen and Support our Customer’s Needs, Going Above and Beyond to Satisfy our Customers, Provide Best Value Solutions
· Growth Minded – More Revenue, More Profit, More Opportunities, Continuous Improvement while Accepting Change, aspiring to be the Best We Can Be
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
· Minimum five (5) years of experience in general accounting. Manufacturing background preferred
· 3+ years supervisory/managerial experience
· CPA Preferred (not required)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com