Crow Wing County ARPA Funds Childcare Application Requirements
Crow Wing County is committed to addressing the shortage of quality child care in our area with a new funding opportunity. The county has allocated funds towards child care assistance grants available to existing child care providers and new start-up child care businesses. The application window will be open Monday, April 3, 2023 through Wednesday, May 3, 2023.
Crow Wing County retains the right to determine if a project meets the eligibility criteria for this program. Further, because there are no limits placed on the grant amounts that can be applied for, Crow Wing County retains the right to fund grant applications at the requested amounts but may also fund grant applications at less than that which is requested.
Applications are submitted online through google forms and must be completed by Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 4pm.
County funds must be used to implement solutions to reduce the childcare shortage in Crow Wing County, including but not limited to funding for:
- Childcare business start-up* or expansion
- Facility modifications or improvements required for licensing, and assistance with licensing and other regulatory requirements
- Equipment included but not limited to – playground equipment, safety equipment, technology, curriculum, ect.
- Physical location must be in Crow Wing County
- Must be licensed through the State of Minnesota or obtaining license to operate. Funds will not be distributed until proof of license is obtained.
- Acceptance of these child care funds is a commitment to remain in business for 2 years.
Ineligible expenses include but are not limited to:
- Taxes, except sales tax on goods and services
- Lobbyists, political contributions
- Bad debts, late payment fees, finance charges, or contingency funds
- Parking or traffic violations
- Out of state transportation and travel expenses, (Minnesota will be considered the home state for determining whether travel is out of state)
For the online application:
- You will be required to upload a Proposal Narrative. This is an overview of your proposed project. Describe how this project will increase the supply of quality child care, targeted communities served, projected timeline of your project, and what the requested funds will be used for.
- You will be required to upload a detailed Budget which lists out each expense and the amount along with a Budget Narrative to explain your numbers.
*For Start-up Businesses, it is required to provide a business plan and detailed financial projections. If you need assistance with these requirements, BLAEDC can connect you with a business consultant. Note: The application deadline is Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 4pm for all applications.
For questions, call (218) 828-0096 or email email@example.com.