The Lakes Region features small communities with local economies that rely primarily on seasonal tourism traffic. Retail stores and service-related businesses comprise the majority of commercial development. Resources are also available to support light industrial and a variety of other types of businesses.
- Small towns with a variety of companies, lake living, friendly business approach
- Job growth priority for cities while preserving quality of life
- Back office, professional, and light industrial businesses
- Skilled and educated workforce from 30-mile radius
- Business parks, existing buildings, available land
- State-of-the-art telecommunications systems, investments in infrastructure
- Quaint retail shops, abundant outdoor recreation, strong public schools, tourism